All members of the board of The Center for Mindful Eating (TCME) must have a commitment and a desire to see TCME succeed. They will have an active interest in the principles and purpose of TCME and they willingly contribute from their own field of expertise as relates to TCME activities.
The Board of Directors is the body of individuals whose responsibilities generally include the following:
- Carry out the organization’s mission and vision
- Select, assess and support the executive team and management team
- Ensure adequate resources for the organization (through fundraising, in-kind services/supplies, and budgeting)
- Enhance the organization’s public standing
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability
- Set, monitor and strengthen the organization’s programs and resources
- Recruit and orient new board members and assess board performance
- Voluntary participation for at least one three year term.
- Travel to annual meeting of the full Board, if scheduled
- Actively participate in scheduled meetings. Typically, meetings of the full board of directors occur every other month and committee meetings occur monthly or as needed. If 3 meetings in a row are missed, the person may be asked to resign from the Board.
- Select at least one standing committee and one ad-hock committee to participate in throughout the year.
- Reading monthly updates and staying current with Center activities.
- Actively contribute to building our yearly offering by recruiting qualified speakers or authors or personally offering live events or writing blogs. Ideally, no more than two offerings per year. requirement.
- Be willing to communicate about TCME with associates and other interested parties.
- Represent the interest of professionals who share your area of expertise.
- Be willing to be contacted by TCME principals when a decision or perspective or feedback is needed.
- Programming Development – Involved in planning and organizing the educational activities for professional and personal community members. This committee also contains sub committees responsible for:Mindful Eating Certificate
Professional Development and Exploring Mindful Eating Series
Food for Thought Blog
- World Mindful Eating Month (WMEM) – WMEM occurs in January of each year. This committee is responsible for the planning and execution of all WMEM events.
- Board Development & Governance – This committee is responsible for strategic planning, diversity and equity initatives, board recruitment, and board policy.