Download the Full Job description.
The Center for Mindful Eating(TCME) seeks a creative and detail-oriented Communications Assistant to join our global team. This position is part-time and temporary, offering flexible hours with the potential to transition to a permanent role. You will play a critical role in helping the organization maintain a positive public image and effectively convey its messages to our diverse audience. The ideal candidate will excel in content creation, social media management, and email communication while contributing to various essential communication tasks. Ultimately, your goal will be to help ensure clear communication of our organization’s message across all channels.
- Write and edit content for various communication channels, including press releases, newsletters, social media posts, and website updates.
- Create or coordinate visual content creation, such as graphics, images, videos, and infographics.
- Edit and optimize multimedia content for various communication channels.
- Create and format documents based on provided content.
- Help prepare press releases, media kits, and other public relations materials.
Social Media Management
- Schedule and post content on social media platforms.
- Monitor social media analytics and report on performance.
- Assist in managing email marketing campaigns.
- Maintain email lists and databases.
- Draft and send out newsletters and updates to subscribers.
- Maintaining communication-related records.
- Ensure that all communication materials adhere to the organization's branding guidelines.
- Work closely with other team members to align communication efforts with overall organizational goals.
Requirements and Skills:
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies.
- Access to a reliable internet connection and computer.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite and Canva; Familiarity with mass email marketing, content management systems, website, and member management platforms is a plus.
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Fluent in English required. Fluent in Spanish, welcomed.
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative virtual team environment.
- Previous experience in a similar role or internships in communications.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field is desired.
- A background in mindfulness, mindful eating, or related practice is desired but not required.
Title: Communications Assistant
Type: Part-time, Temporary, Virtual
Hours: 8-10 hours per week
Hours are flexible but must include some availability Monday-Thursday between 8:00 AM- 1:00 PM Eastern Time to collaborate with the TCME Team.
When: Hire date through February 29, 2024
Pay range: $18 - $23 USD per hour, based on experience
How to apply:
TCME is an international non-profit organization and welcomes applicants from across the globe. We encourage you to apply if you are passionate about crafting impactful content and effective communication through various channels. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples to info@TCME.org.
The Center for Mindful Eating is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our volunteers and staff.