Welcome to our second International Mindful Eating Day Celebration! This year our theme is nourishing your mindful eating practice. How do we do this? Well, we have a recipe for that!
The suggested ingredients are:
• 500 grams of compassionate curiosity to become more present in our day and with our food
• 250 mls of respectful care to the present moment
• All stirred up with the willingness to heal our relationship with food
• Ends up in a joyful mindful eating practice!
The month of January will be dedicated to nourishing our mindful eating practices around the globe.
- Professional TCME members are encouraged to hold their own local events - we offer supportive tips and resources to assist you! Thank you to Megrette Fletcher, the inspirational force behind the local events initiative. (Members, check your email!)
- Our Nourish Mindful Eating Facebook group is a private social media space open to everyone who registers for Mindful Eating Day. Once again we will have daily meditations and reflections on mindful eating to nourish your practice and connect with others in this shared path. Thank you to Fiona Sutherland for creating this journey!
- On the actual day - the fourth Thursday in January - we will come together in our online space to practice, share and realize our mindful eating potential! We will have some of our TCME Board Members sharing with us some ideas to build and nourish our personal practice. We will have the chance to practice meditation and mindful eating exercises to develop our personal practice. Thank you to Cuca Azinovic, Claudia Vega and Cinzia Pezzolesi for organizing our live Mindful Eating Day event!
We will offer two live webinars on January 26, 2017:
• 9-10 am EST with our first Live Webinar featuring a special message from our TCME Board president, Marsha Hudnall, of Green Mountain at Fox Run. We will have interviews with some of our Board Members interspersed with mindful eating practices and reflections.
• 2-3 pm EST will be our second Live Webinar for our celebration with more interviews with leading mindful eating professionals, another shared practice, and tips for bringing your practice further.
Recommended time zone converter to see what time that will be where you are! www.worldtimebuddy.com
Everyone who registers is invited to join a special Facebook group created just for this event!
Fiona Sutherland, of Body Positive Australia, has again crafted a 30-day journey of mindful eating designed to educate, inspire, fun and enlighten! This path features a daily MEME (which stands for Mindful Eating, Mindfulness Exercise) and opportunities to discuss, share links and interact with each other. If you don’t use Facebook, not to worry, everyone who registers will get a weekly email featuring the daily MEME's and practices.
We look forward to seeing you in our various celebratory spaces to nourish the heart of mindful eating!